For heating elements with end assemblies:
- Unplug the wire leads from their sockets.
- Remove the end covers.
- Remove the top PTFE fabric cover that protects the element.
- Release the spring tension from the end assembly.
- Unfasten the screws that secure the heating element to the brass plates.
- Remove the heating element.
- Remove and inspect the bottom PTFE fabric cover that insulates the element from the aluminum bar. If damaged, replace.
- Inspect the PTFE tape that adheres to the aluminum heater bar. If damaged, replace.
- Attached the heating element in between the brass plates of one end assembly and fasten the screws so the heating element is held secure on one side.
- Place the heating element along the heater bar and pull the heating element through the other end assembly. With pliers, pull the heating element taut and lock the brass plate.
- Trim the bottom PTFE cover to fit between the two end assemblies. Apply a thin coating of silicone release agent to the cover before centering it underneath the element.
- Apply a thin coating of silicone release agent on to the heating element.
- Replace the top PTFE fabric cover that protects the element.
- Put the end covers back into place.
*** If using PTFE Zone Tape, replace the bottom PTFE covers with a second layer of PTFE tape. ***